Wednesday, November 12, 2008

hide & seek and down for the count

so, i already didn't feel like going to yoga tonight. none of my friends were going to be there and i was just feeling lazy. add to that the fact that dan's been working a lot of OT this week for a project due friday, and he needed to be at work tonight, thus needing the car.

after dinner we decide to play a little hide & seek. griffin is funny with that...he will hide and we'll be saying "is griffin under the couch..no, is griffin behind the door...no"..and he'll be screaming "here's griffin, i'm here! right here!" i don't think he gets the whole keeping quiet aspect of it. he also hides in the exact spots that he has just found dan or i in.
anyway, it's my turn to hide...so i decide to hide on the stairway landing. i am running over to the stairs before g counts to 10. i turn around to see if he's peeking (which he is notorious for doing), and i proceed to fall down the stairs. shit. that hurt. i fell down about 4 stairs and landed right smack on my shoulder/back with a big, fat thud. damn slippery dress socks. so, yeah..i guess my going to yoga decision was kinda made for me. serves me right for being wishy washy about it in the first place.

it didn't hurt too bad after i finally peeled myself off the floor, but now it's starting to hurt a bit.
the bright side is that griffin came running over asking if i was ok. he sat down next to me and kept saying, "it's ok mama, it's ok. my turn to hide now?"

the ironic thing was dan and i just talked 5 minutes earlier about how we need to pull ourselves together and get in shape. i say this like every. single. day. but dammit, i'm serious. so i had just talked about how i was going to spend the evening doing the exercise ball and treadmill. and now i have a frozen bag of edamame on my back, while watching some E story about a woman that is about 600 lbs. and can't get out of her bed. a real feel-good story...er, yeah.

No comments: