Friday, June 20, 2008

dells bound

we are heading out tomorrow bright and early to a wedding in wisconsin dells.
my friend (and former roomate) lisa walsh is getting married. (she's the 2nd from the right)
should be a good time. we are staying at the good ol' great wolf lodge
dan's mom will watch the little man while we go to the dinner and reception.

we prepped griffin last night for his weekend swimming adventure by taking him to a little kiddie pool. he enjoyed climbing in and out of the pool...over and over, and over.
i was lookin hot in my swimsuit (thus why there will be no pictures of this excursion).

this morning griffin got up entirely WAY too early. it seems he was having a little stomach ache, since he kept crying out "mommy, poopy, stuck, hurts" poor kid.
in addition to griffin waking up and crying, we also have about 5 different bird nests in various locations in our roof vents and other areas, and as pleasant as birds chirping can be...at 5 a.m....it's pretty damn annoying. we need to do something about the state of the roof (and the tropical rain forest that it's become)
so, this morning started off a bit rocky. I DID however manage to get myself over to Julie's and we ran around Lake Hiawatha. it's wasn't as great of a run as it was tuesday evening, but it's getting easier and i'm feeling better about completing this 5k and possibly running the entire thing.

we are looking forward to the weekend. As much as these whirlwind trips can be tiring, it'll be fun. we haven't had a wedding for quite awhile, and we always enjoy some good fun. i just hope they don't play "paradise by the dashboard light".
that song is always played at weddings and its lame. in typical wisconsin fashion, how it usually goes is: all the girls line up on one side of the dance floor, and the dudes on the other. the girls yell over "will you love me forever?" and the guys yell back, "let me sleep on it, blah, blah".
now i'm SURE i have partaken in this at some point, and probably did all the hand gestures and acted all pissy and serious about loving me forever. but, i couldn't have been sober.

the other funny songs that are usually played are:
• mony mony (and of course people add in the "get laid, get fucked part" - it seems to me they actually even add "twice" to the end of the lyrics...cause you really do want to get fucked more than once during that song.

• electric slide (and yes...i'm usually out there with all of the 8 year olds doing this and really getting into it.) i think this is an adult only wedding...so maybe it'll just be ME doing it?

• shout (and people all dance down low to the ground when they are doing the "little bit softer now" part.) I KNOW that i've done this...and once i can't go any lower, i'll drop to my knees and kinda shimmy my shoulders all the way back to the ground. I'm sure people are thanking jesus when "a little bit louder now" comes on, because they don't have to watch me shake my stuff any lower.

• piano man (and everyone stands around in a big circle trying to outdo the next guy by proving they know all the lyrics. I certainly have gawhoffed at the person next to me that said that john was the real estate novelist that never had time for a wife. umm..its paul, dummy. john is the bartender. listen to ME sing and you'd get it right.

its funny how i diss, but yet im probably joining in on all of these antics. probably even yelling out to the dj "hey, when you gonna play i knew the bride when she used to rock and roll?" cause you KNOW I need to show everyone how I can still do the splits during my 10 seconds when i get to dance with the bride solo in the middle of the circle, while everyone stands around in amazement.

weddings. good stuff. maybe it's me that needs to class it up, and not our little g-man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seem to recall you taking your turn at solos like "Kiss Me Deadly", "Bobby McGee" and "Ice, Ice Baby" Those will forever be played at every wedding you go to and everyone will wait to see you perform!