Monday, June 2, 2008

weekend fun with Gramps

We had a great weekend. Dans dad was visiting from Thursday night until this morning, so it was a good time with gramps. Griffin liked saying "grampa" and he was pretty comfortable with him.

Dan spent the day with his dad, hanging out, walking around Minnehaha Falls and just catching up.


Friday night was Pi's birthday BBQ at Dina/Lyle's house (or just "dial" as we lovingly refer to them). I went once Griffin was hitting the hay. Good times as always and fun to catch up with friends.

Saturday we went to the park in the morning.


then went to the Riverview Theater for their monthly "choo-choo bobs" train movies. G liked eating the popcorn probably most out of the whole thing. After the movie we took Bruce by the 35W bridge area...he had wanted to see the site and see the new bridge construction. Interesting how quickly it seems to be going up!
Dan and his dad went to the Twins game this night and enjoyed all 11 innings of the game.


G and I hung out at home, and witnessed the hailstorm that we got! No damage to the house or car, but it sounds like my brother got car and house damage out in the "park".

Sunday I did the Grand Old Day 8K rollerblade. Hi. I'm out of shape. I just checked results today and I was 75th out of 76 people. Pretty sweet stats. I think I beat out a small child and thats it. WTF!? I guess I'm a bit more out of shape! If I'm even considering doing the inline marathon in August, I need to get to work. it was fun though and made me feel like I earned eating a giant sandwich and fries afterwards!
We watched the parade with Dan's dad and friends Beth, Jason and their son Jimmy. G liked getting all the candy thrown to him.
Jimmy

Eating Candy!

I LOVE the bookmobile!

this thing RULES! A bar you can pedal!


We grilled out at home this night and spent a great evening hanging outside with all the neighbor kids. Griffin is still pretty shy and timid around people, but we just keep getting him out there and he seems to be a bit more comfortable with other people more and more.
Next door neighbor Dawson



Back at work today. Normally that is kind of a bummer feeling on Mondays, but today I was very relieved to come to work...we seem to have a little carpenter ant problem. it's rather nasty to wake up to the disgusting things crawling across your body. good stuff. We are going to try to home remedy it the next few days and if we don't have any luck...i got a great recommendation for a dude called" Antrax". I wonder if he looks anything like Joey Belladonna? Or wait...didn't anthrax find some random as a replacement? It COULD be this guy....

1 comment:

mkruger said...

Looks like a fun weekend Jillian. I was just going to write that if you're going to do a blog you better update it! Good job!