Monday, March 30, 2009

updates

we have had a great few weeks here.
griffin and i have managed to pass the same cold back to one another though. he still has a bit of it and i do as well. i'm sure the changing of the weather isn't helping at all.

this past weekend i met up with some high school friends for dinner on friday. great catching up with them and fun to hear what they are up to. hopefully we'll keep in touch now!
although when i got out to my car after dinner (it was kinda late) someone had sprayed shaving cream all over my drivers side door. LAME.

saturday dan did his long run and g and i spent the morning outside playing. he's getting really good at riding his trike...he loves it. although when i pulled out his little bike to try riding that, he didn't like that so much. he got really mad and kicked it and said, "i can't do it!" awww -learning new things is never easy.
we spent the rest of the day just hanging out, playing, napping and then went to the park and rented movies. we were supposed to go out with some neighbors but it was cancelled, so we cancelled our babysitter. i felt crappy anyway, so it worked out fine.

yesterday we bought a new mattress. i can't WAIT until we get it. it's like sleeping on clouds. it better be for how expensive it was. then ran some errands and i did a workout over griffin's nap.

last monday i went to get my foot looked at. after rollerblading i had horrible pain shooting up my foot/leg. last winter a doctor told me i had a bunion which required surgery (god, i'm like 90 years old). i decided to go into another doctor after i was in such bad pain (all stemmed from wearing tall boots.) anyway - he tells me it's hallux limitus (which is basically arthritis in my toe) - so, i guess i really am 90! i don't know what is worse - a bunion or arthritis! this procedure also requires surgery and he says it won't get better and will only get worse.
i'm just having a really hard time bending my big toe, which leads me to walk on the side of my foot to compensate. It's making exercise a pain.
i know i should get it fixed, but it's starting to feel better this week, so in typical fashion, i will probably avoid for awhile.
basically - i have to accept that i can't wear shoes that are cute.
my extra wide hoof can't hack the trendy boots and heels anymore.
i'm going to have to start buying these:

or these:

or these:


my friend commented last week when we were walking that i sounded like her grandma...because i was telling her about a great deal i got on a whole bunch of clothes and i told her that this pair of pants was only $4! i told her that i didn't know if they fit me, but for $4, they'll fit someone i know. she's like..."ummm...you are totally like a grandma...buying random clothes for people, because it was such a good bargain."

pretty soon i'm going to start wearing sweatshirts with puppies on it, and polyester pants. at least that will look nice with my new shoes i just ordered above....

4 comments:

LutherLiz said...

I had to get a pair of shoes like that when I was pregnant and my foot swelled beyond belief. Ugly as sin, but amazingly comfortable and supportive...sometimes channeling grandma does have some perks.

Anonymous said...

just bedazzle them a little and they'll become your favorite shoes!

kristine said...

Fricken hilarious! Jill, you're a riot! It wouldn't be complete without some Alfred Dunner or Sag Harbor clothes then. When I worked at Penneys that's all the little old ladies would wear. You should also get a wash and set at the salon and be sure to get a color rinse while you're there...

p.s. Thanks for the great recipes. You're a girl after my own heart giving me WW friendly ones..

Jessica O. said...

This is why we are friends - my proudest purchase this year was a dress at Kohl's for $7.99:-)